- Community Based Mental Health Program
- School Based Mental Health Program
- Psychosocial Counselling training and services
- Trauma Counselling training and services
- Stress management services and training
Psychiatrists in CMC- Nepal
Dr. Kapil Dev Upadhyaya, Senior Psychiatrist, former director of national mental hospital, UN stress counsellor, supporting CMC-Nepal since beginning in community mental health program, he is providing consultant psychiatrist service in mental health OPD in CMC-Nepal. Dr. Upadhyaya is chairperson of CMC-Nepal.
Dr. Ritesh Thapa, Neuro-psychiatrist, involved to provide psychiatrist service in CMC-Nepal OPD and project districts, is active team member of mental health training and supervision activities of CMC-Nepal.
Psychologists / Counsellors in CMC-Nepal
- Dr. Pashupati Mahat, senior clinical psychologist, Ph.D. child and adolescent mental health problems (mainly school children), trained and practitioner of systemic therapy, M.Phil. in clinical psychology with specialization in behavior therapy, psychological assessment (children, adult and senior citizen), trained in cognitive behavior therapy. He is one the founder chairperson of CMC-Nepal in 2003 and then took role of technical advisor to support project and service activities of CMC-Nepal. He is senior psychosocial expert and involved in designing, conducting training and providing psychological assessment and intervention since last 18 years. He has conducted research project and published more than dozen articles in various national and international journals. He is also publishing training manual, reference books in psychosocial field.
- Ms. Baby Nakarmi, Senior psychiatric nurses / psychologist (M.A. psychology, B.N. psychiatric nurse). She is associated with CMC-Nepal since its establishment. She is trained in systemic approach and also practice regularly while providing training and counselling service. She is one of the senior trainer and supervisor in mental health and psychosocial counselling. She has been also extensively practicing psychosocial counselling service for the clients.
- Mr. Madhu Bilash Khanal, School Psychologist (M.A. in educational psychology and M.Ed in English and Curriculum), is involved in CMC-Nepal since August 2005 in School Mental Health Programme. He is one of the lead trainer in school based mental health program. He is experienced in designing and conducting training and supervision in classroom based psychosocial intervention, individual and group counselling with school children and parent. He is experienced and has immense knowledge in developing training manual and reference materials. He is trained in systemic therapy and practice counselling skills with children and parents.
- Ms. Karuna Kunwar, Senior Psychologist (M.A. psychology, trained and practitioner in systemic therapy) since 2008 in CMC-Nepal, is one of the key trainer and supervisor for psychosocial training. She is actively leading psychosocial counselling supervision practice, involved in providing psychosocial counselling services in CMC-Nepal. She is also stress counsellor for UN.
- Mr. Rajesh Kumar Jha, Psychologist (M.A. in psychology) involved in CMC-Nepal since June, 2010. He is trained in systemic therapy, practiced skills in counselling and supervision services in psychosocial counselling. He is experienced in conducting training and supervision in psychosocial area. He is also involved in providing psychosocial counselling services and provide supervision coaching to district level mental health social workers and psychosocial workers in health system.
- Mr. Bishnu Prajapati, Mental Health Coordinator (H.A, Post graduate diploma in counselling psychology, master in psychology), experienced trainer in mental health and psychosocial area. He is involved in CMC since beginning (founder member). He is also trained in systemic therapy and is providing psychosocial counselling service and supervision service.
- Ms. Smriti Ghimire, Psychologist (M.A. in psychology, PGD counselling), trained in systemic therapy, practitioner in psychosocial counsellor and supervision.
- Ms. Sujita Baniya, Clinical Psychologist (M.Phil. clinical psychology), trained in systemic approach in psychosocial counselling and supervision, is trainer and supervisor in psychosocial area.
International Supervisor in Psychosocial Work
|Ms. Dorothée Janssens de Bisthoven||Certified Psychologist (MSc)||Dorothée began working in 1997 in her home country, Germany, and has since been employed as a counsellor, family-psychotherapist, lecturer, trainer and supervisor in various clinical, scientific and academic contexts. She has extensive experience of family and trauma therapy as well as hypnotherapy. For the past 17 years she has led regular workshops on family constellations and the systemic approach. Reflecting her strong interest in intercultural exchange, Dorothée spent time living in Bolivia and Nepal, where she worked as a trainer and supervisor in the psychosocial field. She has given training and supervision to CMC psychosocial team in systemic psychotherapy. She currently lives and works in Brussels, where she has her own practice for psychotherapy and counselling in Etterbeek.
How can I access psychosocial and mental health service in CMC-Nepal:
- Contact to CMC in 4226041, 4102037 to ask appointment for mental health or psychosocial counselling service.
- Contact can also be done through e-mail in email@example.com
- Mental health and counselling service unit collect basic information from client, provide system and available expert (psychiatrist, psychologist, counsellor) based on client choice.
- Respective unit staff coordinate with available psychiatrist, psychologist, counsellor for appointment as per client request.
- Inform the client about appointment date and time within three working days of request registered in CMC-Nepal.
- Client should confirm the provided appointment schedule.
- The payment can be done before or after receiving service as per convenience of the client.