Announcement for six month psychosocial counseling training
CMC-Nepal designs and runs standard and tailored training courses in mental health and psychosocial counseling for health professionals, candidates from organizations (including GO/NGO) and self-sponsored. Training curricula includes both theory and practical classes. It is further enriched with direct and distance supervision from clinical psychologist, psychiatrists, psychologists and senior counselors.
6-months psychosocial counseling training course consisting 928 hrs with following structure:
- 288 hrs theory in three events that covers theories and skills of psychosocial counselling, systemic approaches in counseling, principles of psychosocial counselling, counselling in the family, counselling with children, intervention skills to specific psychosocial issues such as survivor of SGBV, trauma and grief, PFA during emergency
- 240 hrs field level backstopping supervision in four events where psychosocial experts support trainee counsellor to practice psychosocial counselling skills with their clients, provides constructive feedback, helps to prepare counselling session plan and post counselling session notes
- 40 hrs distances coaching where trainee counsellor discuss her/his difficulties while working with client with the assigned psychologist supervisor. Supervisor supports to strengthen confidence, reviewed the intervention plan and note and provide constructive feedback to work on the difficulties of trainee counsellor
- 360 hrs supervised practice by trainee counsellor using psychosocial intervention skills with identified clients in community at individual, family and group level
Trainee counsellor require to intervene 12 clients in hill districts and 15 clients in Terai district. Further practice of group counselling in two groups of clients following predefined group counselling session structure is also necessary during training period.
Model of training
|will be announced later||First model||1st round supervision/coaching|
|date will be announced later||Second model||2nd round supervision/coaching|
|date will be announced later||Third model||3rd round supervision/coaching|
- At least 12 (10+2) classes completed, prefer for diploma.
- Basic knowledge on mental health and psychosocial issue.
- Prefer given to those who have work experience on mental health and psychosocial
Interested candidates meeting the requirements are requested to send their application with an updated CV to the following address:
For further detail and training fee please contact or refer the flyer:
PO Box # 5295, Thapathali, Kathmandu, Nepal
Contact number: 01-4102037, 4226041