Psychosocial Intervention Component in Safer Migration (SaMi) Project
Safer Migration (SaMi) Project of HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Nepal has initiated activities related to safer migration mainly creating awareness for safe migration and addressing social cost of the migration through psychosocial intervention. This program develops capable psychosocial workers to address psychosocial effect (social cost) of migration of the affected people (families of migrated workers, their children and distressed returnees) in the project districts.
Psychosocial intervention component in SaMi project was implemented as a pilot project in two districts, Khotang (hill district) and Sarlahi (terai district) from November 2013-July 2014. Later it was extended in Ramechhap, Nawalparasi, Dhanusha, Kailali districts and continued support in two piloted districts from 16th July 2014. Psychosocial intervention programme is further extended in Dhading, Nuwakot & Sindhupalchok from January 2016 for another one and half years with the follow – up support in old districts.
- Training to social worker in psychosocial intervention
- Backstopping supervision and distance coaching in case management to the social workers
- Individual, group and family level psychosocial intervention to the affected people by trained psychosocial workers
- Development of referral place for higher level psychosocial intervention
- Refresher training in psychosocial intervention for trained psychosocial workers
- National conference among the psychosocial workers