Centre for Mental Health and Counselling – Nepal (CMC-Nepal), an NGO working in mental health and psychosocial counselling, is inviting applications for the following position for the project called “Strengthening Multi Sectoral Response to Survivors of Gender based Violence through psychosocial support”, funded by UNFPA/SDC. This project is being implemented in Sindhuli, Udaypaur and Okhaldhunga districts.
Program Officer (1 full-time position based in Central Office, Kathmandu with frequent field visit in the project districts). The incumbent is responsible for the overall project management and supportive supervision to the case managers, district based counsellors and community based psychosocial workers (CPSWs) in order to provide effective case management services to the survivors of gender based violence.
- University degree in psychology, counselling psychology, clinical psychology from recognized University.
- At least five years of working experiences as psychosocial supervisor and strong experience in conducting training in psychosocial support area to counsellor, CPSW and other developmental actors across the project team and stakeholders.
- Strong background and experience of practicing counselling skills and psychotherapeutic techniques with clients suffering from psychosocial problems.
- Strong background of practicing supervision system while practicing psychosocial counselling skills with her/his client. At least two years of practice in supervised system is necessary to qualify as psychosocial supervisor.
- Experiences in coordination with multi-stakeholders (GOs/I/NGOs) for the effectiveness of the service, including referral service with quality report writing skills.
- Strong knowledge about GBV and its causes and consequences
Salaries and benefits: As per agreement between UNFPA and CMC-Nepal
Duration of the contract is till 31st December, 2018 with possibility of extension
Interested candidates meeting the requirements are requested to send their application with an updated CV to the following address not later than 29th December 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview. All the rights for recruitment are reserved by CMC-Nepal.
Executive Director, CMC-Nepal
PO Box Number 5295, Kathmandu, Nepal