Vision / Mission / Goals
Persons with mental health and psychosocial problems live a dignified life and equally enjoy their rights as other people.
Promotion of mental health and psychosocial wellbeing by working in collaboration with government, non-government and community based organizations.
Goal and Objectives
To develop CMC-Nepal as the centre of excellence in training, research and service provision of mental health and psychosocial support & counseling in Nepal by;
- Working with community based organizations for community empowerment in promotion, prevention, treatment, reintegration and rehabilitation of persons with mental health and psychosocial problems
- Developing mental health and psychosocial support skills and knowledge among health professionals, social workers and teachers
- Advocating and policy input for mainstreaming of mental health and psychosocial services in primary health care and mandatory provision of school counseling.
- Support to establish effective response and prevention mechanism in GBV in health service system and community.
- Raising awareness in mental health and psychosocial wellbeing and reduce social stigma
- Inclusion of disability in program designing and implementation
- Evidence based research in mental health & psychosocial area
- Persons living with mental disorders and psychosocial disabilities and their families, with especial focus on children and women
- Persons affected by armed conflict and gender based violence, with special focus on children and women,
- Migrant workers and their families left behind
- Persons affected by natural calamities & disaster including pandemic and living with trauma
- Person with disability, children and women who at risk
- Health professionals, teachers, NGO/social workers, community members etc.
Thematic Areas of Work
- Adult and child mental health
- Psychosocial counselling
- Human Resource Development in Mental Health and Psychosocial Counselling
- Child protection
- Protection of human rights, with special focus on persons living with mental health problems
- Advocacy and Awareness
- Peace reconciliation, by providing psychosocial counselling and support to persons affected by GBV and conflict
- Research and Publication in mental health and psychosocial wellbeing