25th World Mental Health Day Celebration
25th World Mental Health Day Celebration was celebrated actively throughout the country by CMC-Nepal with the theme “Mental Health in workplace” on 10th October 2017 of which the brief report is as below as per the working areas:
- In initiation of Psychiatrists’ Association of Nepal, CMC-Nepal actively took part int the rally organised from New Baneswore to Maitighar in Kathmandu. Also, there was a talk program in Kantipur FM and in Nepal Television related to mental health issue.
- Different activities such as rally, distribution of pamphlets, panel discussion about mental health organised by District Health Office were done in Gorkha, Dhading & Sindhupalchok.
- In Udaypur, a rally was organised in Beltar that ended into interaction program.
- In Rasuwa, in initiation of Self Help Group, a rally was organised in presence of focal person from DPHO that ended with interaction program where around more than 50 people participated.
- In the presence of local police and representative from DAO in Tharmare, Salyan , doctors and other staffs from district hospital, FCHVs, Mothers’ group, a rally was organised that ended into interaction program where more than 60 people participated. The pamphlet were distributed to the community people. Also, in Lekhpokhara, doctors and other staffs from district hospital and self help group members actively distributed the pamphlets.
- Likewise, in Newalapur, Bardiya, an interaction program was organised in presence of, Mayor of Newalapur, Health Incharge, local police and Newalapur Self help group members where more than 80 people participated.
- In Banke, in coordination of DPHO, Geruwa Village Association and CMC-Nepal, a poster/banner were displayed in four places of Nepalgunj, pamphlets were distributed in the place where work related to mental health took place, in jail, local police station and industrial areas. Also, program related to mental health issues was aired in local FM station.
- A rally was organised from buspark of Dadeldhura in coordination of DPHO, Representative from Muncipality and mental health network that ended into interaction session where pamphlet were also distributed. Also, radio program related to mental health issue was aired in Amargadhi FM.
- In Kailali, during the training to the health personnel, a brief interaction was held related to the mental health issue alongwith the program aired in local FM.
- Likewise, an interview was aired in Daunne FM in Nawalparasi and an article was published in Ujyalo online related to mental health issue in Sarlahi district. Also, there was a brief discussion among adolescence group in Okhaldhunga on mental health.