Human Resource Development Unit (HRDU)
Human Resource Development Unit of CMC-Nepal is mainly geared towards human resource development in mental health and psychosocial counselling and development of service provision for the persons with mental disorders and psychosocial disabilities. It also works for CMC-Nepal’s visibility and publicity through conducting research and publication in national and international journals.
This unit designs and delivers training in mental health and psychosocial counselling and also conducts post training supportive supervision and backstopping.
This unit of CMC Nepal provides the following training & services:
- Design and Develop Training Package & Manual, including tailor-made training
- Conduct Training in Mental health and Psychosocial Counselling
- Conduct Training in Trauma Counselling
- Post Training Support & Supervision (backstopping, coaching in the field and distance supervision and coaching)
- Develop and Design Awareness and Advocacy Materials
- Psychiatric and Psychosocial counselling services
- Research and publication
- Stress management and psychosocial support to the employees of corporate business organisations
Under the research, CMC-Nepal is currently implementing research project ‘Mental Health Pilot Research for Adolescents in Nepal (November 2021 till May 2022). This project is financially supported by World Bank in Kailali, Surkhet & Kavre districts. The aim of this project is to undertake a study to evaluate the efficacy of mental health program on mental health wellbeing of adolescent living in the project areas. This study will help to evaluate the impact of better mental health wellbeing on other outcomes such as school enrollment, attendance & test scores. CMC-Nepal develop sessions/guidelines for in-person and one-on-one counselling sessions appropriate for the target population and develop content for mobile application which shall complement the counselling sessions.